Home Page

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Yeah, That's Gonna Leave a Mark

I've mentioned before how clumsy I can be... and every once in awhile, I do a doozer. I broke a whole bunch of bones before adulthood, but since then I did things like close my thumb in my truck tailgate, broke a toe stepping out (more like tripping out) of a roman tub, and today - I closed my hatch door without moving my head first. The corner of the hatch just slammed into my forehead and I remember thinking "Damn, that's gonna hurt for awhile, Owwwwwwwwww!" Then I felt it, blood running down my forehead. I grabbed a pair of shorts Madison had left in my backseat this morning from the waterpark, I'm afraid they're trash now! I made it home and saw it, about an inch gash on my forehead and one helluva bump to go along with the headache I've got! I doubt I'm going to need stitches, but I'm going to have a nice conversation piece healing on my forehead for awhile.

Oh, you want to see it? Ok, here ya go:


I think the trick is going to be putting a bandaid on it, since it's right below my hairline. Madison is so fascinated with it, she keeps wanting to inspect it.

5 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

OH! OW OW OW OW! Are you sure you don't need stitches because that looks NASTY! I know head wounds bleed alot but I never fool around with anything that happens up there. Oh man. That picture is going to haunt me in my sleep tonight. I hope you feel better and get someone to look at that soon.

skyblot said...

Little kids LOVE learning about human frailty and mortality. My son just learned that he can pretty much replace the words in any commercial jingle with "dead" and I'll totally enjoy it.

On the other hand, I somehow managed to burn myself on the finger last night, and now typing sucks.

Feel better!

Angi said...

you think that's bad - I have 2 DENTS in my forehead from where my neice accidentally clubbed me during her swing playing mini-golf. it was the 1st time she played and she hit me pulling the club back, and followed all the way around to hit me the 2nd time with the same swing. how's that for OUCH! It happened 14 yrs ago and you can feel the indentations still.

Fred said...

OW!!

Nik said...

Ouch, looks like it hurts a bit. My sister shut the trunk on my head once, so I know how you feel. I hope you're not in too much pain and feelin better by now.