Home Page

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Moment of Truth

I caught a few minutes of the above-named new game show tonight. When I first saw commercials, I'm thinking "How easy could a game show be?" Uh... yeah. I was wrong. But I'm not so sure I'm impressed by this show.

I gathered that as part of the audition, contestants are asked a series of grilling questions, and put through a lie detector test. Based on your audition they come up with some embarrassing and even potentially damaging questions that you must tell the truth to. Contestants bring family and friends as a panel, and I noticed that many of the questions are based on this panel to get you to squirm and add the drama factor to the show. The last contestant, a gentleman, answered some pretty tough questions in relation to his fiancé. I'm sure they hurt her feelings, but he told the truth. When they asked him if he ever stuffed his underwear when he worked as an underwear model, he lied and said no. It's interesting what he was compelled to lie about, ya know?

I don't think I could do it. Do you? Would you want to be a contestant on this show? If your answer is yes, ponder this: Is there really nothing you wouldn't mind the whole world knowing?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen the show, just clips and commercials. I'm sad it passes for entertainment.

I could never be a contestant on a show like that. There are some truths better kept to ourselves.

Nik said...

I saw commercials for this show and thought to myself, "How horrible, who came up with this"? I have to admit, I am curious to see how it works, maybe I'll catch it the next time it's on. But honestly, (and maybe I got the wrong idea) it seems like it's a show based on hurting your loved ones. The concept of telling the truth to win is awesome, but at what cost? Many people can't handle hearing the truth about certain things. Not to mention the fact that lie detectors aren't 100% accurate anyways.

I could never be on this show, at all. I'm a very private person and there's things I wouldn't want to talk about. I'm also a very honest person, so I wouldn't feel comfortable if it came to spilling my secrets on national tv. If a friend asked me any question, I'd honestly answer it, but I wouldn't dish dirt for the world to see. Does that make sense?

Would you say it's a good gameshow, Lora? Just wondering if I should even bother being curious about it.

LoraLoo said...

Molie: Agreed - there are so many things better left unsaid.

Nik: No, I'd have to say I don't think this is good entertainment. I agree that this show banks on potentially hurting those you care about.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I tried watching that show but a) they dragged out the naswers waaayyyyy too long and b) I felt uncomfortable finding out about these people's secrets. I mean one guy got caught telling a lie about feeling up his female clinets at the gym too much. Yuck! And a possible sexual harrassment suit in the works. Some of the answers could get people into serious trouble. And I could never ever be on that show. Not that I have a lot of secrets but I don't want the whole world to know them.