Home Page

Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Dreaded Scale

I had a doctor appointment today, so of course before every appointment you have to do what? Yes, that's right kids... get on a scale. Now I'd actually gotten on a scale this past Saturday because I couldn't resist. But before that, I hadn't been on a scale since last May. It was confirmed today I've lost 39 pounds since my last weigh-in. It's not really a lot, 39 pounds... that's only about 4 pounds per month. However, I'm telling myself that's a healthy way to lose weight, and I've been exercising just about every single day this entire time, so some of it had to go to muscle weight. That story works for me, so I'm sticking to it. :) I have another 15 or so to lose to get back to my ideal weight, and by insurance charts I'll still be about 10 pounds heavy. What do insurance charts know?! heh

I found a pedometer that Amy had given me some time ago, and wore it all day today. I'd read somewhere that to maintain ultimate heart health, an average adult should strive to take at least 10,000 steps per day. I kept that pedometer on from the time I got dressed until I just took a shower, and I'd taken 13,387 steps today. Mind you I worked out for a total of about 75 minutes between two walks today... and thank goodness, because I'm on my butt most of the work day. I remember in my 20's exercise wasn't so vital for me to lose any weight fairly quickly... I exercised but I didn't have to do it but 3 times per week to be healthy. I can tell that by now, in my late 30's, I need to stay pretty damn active for any results.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty good. Congratulations on doing that, hope you can keep to it.

New White Keds said...

39 pounds!!! That is fabulous my friend. You have to remember your height and realize that nearly 40 pounds on your little frame, is amazing. I am so happy for you and dare I say, proud.

Keep on keeping on and we will both be where we want to be soon.

Bar L. said...

LORA! This ROCKS! This means you will KEEP IT OFF cause you lost it the right way. I am inspired!

Nik said...

Holy cow-- you lost 39 pounds! You should be so proud of yourself. That's just awesome. Huge congratulations to you and I wish you continued success. If you don't mind my asking, did you diet, or was the weight lose just from being more active? I'm sure you've talked about your "program", I just can't remember.

My goal is to lose 40-50 lbs. I just need to get rid of the cold, so I can' get back into the gym.