Home Page

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Did She Really Think It Would Work?

Did you see this news story?

Woman Seeks Rich Husband, Banker Says Crappy Deal

While I'm pretty disgusted by her shallow ad on Craigslist, at least she was honest, right? It's like the guy on the corner with the sign that says "Why lie, I need money for beer." I'm not going to give him the money, but I'm going to appreciate the approach.

The banker who replied cracked me up until he said "By 35, stick a fork in you." Hey now!

What do you think? Would an approach like this appeal to you?

3 comments:

K-Mac said...

The word 'honesty' has become synonymous for being an a-hole, in my opinion. How often do you hear people say, "I'm just being honest."

Or my favorite: "brutally" honest.

Just because a person brands his or her behavior as 'honest' does not give one license to say and do whatever he or she pleases.

Honesty is not a 'Get Out of Jail Free' card.

Lest we forget, discretion is the better part of valor.

[/soap box]

LoraLoo said...

Otto: You are absolutely right. But do you feel it applies here? She was putting forth an ad for Craigslist, not unlike anyone else placing a personals ad. Censorship for a personals ad, even self-censorship might remove more than half of them, you know?

As far as discretion goes, I would agree... and I suppose it is rather sad that as a society this is more the norm than the exception.

I loved the soap box! Exactly why I post things like this. :)

Bar L. said...

I think Otto makes a great point. I personally would not like this approach but she will probably find what she wants...money with no regard for love. I'll take romance and love over money and day :)