Home Page

Friday, April 24, 2009

What's On My iPod

Beyoncé - "Halo" - Total sticky sweet love song, with an excellent video to match... I'm digging it. Check it out!

Electric Light Orchestra - "Livin' Thing" - These guys had a lot of hits when I was just beginning my violin lessons, and I wanted to play a violin in a rock band too! What a bonus I actually found a video for this song, since it was released 5 years before the birth of Mtv.

Rob Zombie - "Living Dead Girl" - Nik blipped this over at blip.fm and I love this song! What's blip.fm, you say? Why don't you check my page on Blip.fm!

Akon - "Beautiful" - I am not sure why, but Akon reminds me of Seal? His voice is amazing...maybe that's the connection.

Geto Boys - "Damn It's Good To Be A Gangsta" - This is from the Office Space soundtrack, I believe it's where they're in the middle of nowhere beating the crap out of the fax machine. If you haven't seen that movie, you're missing out. That's one I can watch over and over.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

LORENZO said...

ELO...Don't Bring Me Down. Yes, some wild instrumentation in the late 70's. Later, Jeff Lynne goes on to produce Full Moon Fever, arguably Petty's greatest album and becomes a Wilbury. Great stuff too.

Jill Will Run said...

Love... LOVE... LOVE Living Dead Girl!! I just love Rob Zombie!

Amen to Office Space. I really appreciate the art form that is a Mike Judge movie.

Randy said...

I'm soooo not a Beyonce fan. Not sure why, she just annoys me.

As always, your music repertoire is amazing!

jiggins said...

interesting tracks.. I ended up listening to HALO by PCD. It's a great track, speaking of sticky sweet....they are the Pussycat Dolls afterall!

I dig ELO!