Home Page

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

iPod Meme

Randy tagged me with this and I couldn't wait to do it!! Music memes rock. I couldn't pass one of these up if I had to. So here's the deal with this one:

* Using the shuffle feature on your iPod (or other MP3 player), write down the first 10 songs that play.

* Don't be a PUNK and skip songs to find something better. If it pops up, it's in the 10

* Justify, defend or explain why those songs are on your iPod.

* Tag someone else to complete the meme.

If you don't have an iPod or similar device: You’re a loser.

1. Nancy Sinatra - "Boots are Made for Walking" I have no idea where I got this song. But last year I did a mass cleaning on every single one of my mp3's and discovered it. I had no idea she sang this song. Who doesn't love this song, seriously?! This is just one bad-ass song.

2. The Outfield - "I Don't Need Her" I had a cousin come stay with me from California once and he flew out from here, leaving me his truck for a week. I found one of The Outfield's CDs in his truck and couldn't stop listening to it. I picked up their greatest hits CD recently... they weren't one-hit wonders!

3. Smashing Pumpkins - "I Believe" This band is definitely my favorite band of all-time, and my iPod, and I have more than 240 SP songs loaded into iTunes! As you can imagine, they show up in many playlists on my iPod.

4. Nocera, "Summertime" I love the freestyle music genre. It's been lost, and I sure wish it would come back!

5. Pat Benatar - "I Need a Lover" Who doesn't have Pat Benatar in their music collection? I love this one because it's a remake of that famous song, you know the words: "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy..." I like that this version is from a woman's perspective. :)

6. Sting - "Epilogue (Nothing 'bout me)" I do believe that Ten Summoner's Tales is by far my favorite Sting album. I saw Sting open for The Grateful Dead of all bands. I went to see Sting for his music, I went to see The Grateful Dead for the experience.

7. Cinderella - "Somebody Save Me" Ok, I'll admit it. I had a mad crush on the lead singer for Cinderella, Tom Keifer. Saw them open for Bon Jovi way back when. I have good memories attached to this band, and I do have quite a bit of hair metal in my collection.

8. Sugar Ray - "Aim for Me" Uhhhh...have you seen Mark McGrath? I kid - I don't have any music based solely on how hot a band member is. But seriously, have you seen him? LOL

9. Nelly and Justin Timberlake - "Work It" I think Nelly and Justin make an awesome duo, this song just makes me wanna move! I heard it on the radio and promptly found it online.

10. Blue October - "Drilled a Wire Through My Cheek" Blue October kicks ass, that's all there is to it. This is a darker song, but all of Blue October's albums have a nice balance of dark/light songs. This was not a song I was all that fond of the first time I heard it... but it definitely grew on me.

Well there you have it. I'm not tagging anyone, but you should totally do it... this was actually very easy (and fun!).

5 comments:

Gini said...

I'd almost say it's like listing to Jack 100.5....except a couple of those songs. Fun Meme. I may have to do this one.

Randy said...

Man you have a vast collection. I love seeing Cinderella in there HAHAHA. You are a music freak, I love it!

LoraLoo said...

Gini: thanks for stopping by!

Randy: Takes a freak to know one, Woooooooo! LOL

Cupcake Blonde said...

This reminds me I have an Ipod meme to do...

Oh and does this mean you got your pod fixed?

Bonnie said...

This is a good idea! I need to put some of these on my ipod ;)