Home Page

Friday, March 27, 2009

What's On My iPod

Hot Chocolate - "You Sexy Thing" Gotta love this song... I heard it recently when I finally saw The Full Monty. OMG, the pants on the lead singer, you gotta see them.

Wayne Wonder - "Hold Me Now" - Not a bad remake of the Thompson Twins' hit. This version appears on the 50 First Dates soundtrack. I recently acquired it, and I find I dig all these remakes. Perhaps that's because I loved the movie so much. Adam Sandler never disappoints. This isn't my favorite song from the soundtrack, but good nonetheless.

Blue October - "Balance Beam" - I'm a HUGE Blue October fan, and IMO, this is their best. I finally found a good quality live performance of this song (and bonus, it's acoustic). It makes me smile every time I hear it.

Len - "Steal My Sunshine" -Every time I hear this song I go back to 1998, when I lived alone and I caught a cold and bronchitis really bad. I was lying on the sofa and had a friend over taking care of me, and Mtv was playing the whole day... I think I saw this video 8 times that day.

Smashing Pumpkins - "Stand Inside Your Love" - One of the best love songs Billy Corgan has ever written. The video plays like an old silent film, and it's about a sad love story... it's brilliant.

No comments: