Home Page

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday night I hung out with Amy and some of her girlfriends - we had dinner and plans to see a movie, but we nearly closed out Chili's and missed the movie. I was long overdue for a girl's night out, and it felt good to leave all my hats at home to hang with the girls.

Madison had already begun her social calendar Friday and stayed with the in-laws for a visit. That means I got to sleep in on Saturday... but not really. Dallas decided it was his job to wake us up by running across the bed repeatedly at about 7 am. Wasn't that sweet of him to keep me on schedule? Madison came home at 11:30 and was gone again at about 1:00, this time to Aunt Toni's house... Toni took three small kids to see the Jonas Brothers' 3D movie. I really just don't know how she does that, braves this crowd stuff with a bunch of the kids. I think I'm missing that calm-around-a-herd-of-kids gene, LOL.

Most of Saturday I did my regular major cleaning. (Ooooo an oxymoron.) Afterward we went to see "He's Just Not That Into You", and I liked it. Yes, it was oooooozing of chick-flick, but entertaining - and it is sans any kleenex scenes, so guys, you'll live through it. The advice that movie gives is pretty damn good - had I only heard all of that when I was 16... but I probably wouldn't have listened, anyway.

Today there was a family BBQ at Dad's house, and I got to spend time with Madison who I hadn't really seen since Friday at breakfast. She crawled right up into my lap, hugged me and told me she missed me. And that's what it's all about, my friends. :)

The BBQ was good times - what an absolutely beautiful day today! To make a long story short - The weekend was a total success. What about you, Internet? How was your weekend?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

jiggins said...

Well. I worked.. but what a great day to be outside and promoting .. haha.. Seriously, it was beautiful out there!

I had a less than monetarily productive last few days, but I will survive. I watched some Lost, Stargate: Atlantis, and 30 Rock.. laugh a little and slept a lot last night.. like 9 hours.. which is a lot for this guy who usually gets between 6 and 7 hours a night. It has to happen.. I'm looking forward to a productive week ahead! See you there! (and on facebook)

VW:SHINGS

Jessica said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I took my husband to see "He's Just Not That In to You." He normally is ok with chick flicks, but he thought it was way to girlie. LOL

JoeinVegas said...

Could have done Jonas Brothers on Sunday and seen them in person, even if it was just for a minute.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Sounds like a great weekend, despite the early wake up call on Saturday. My cats love to do that too. We have closed out restaurants with Amy and Ken ourseleves and always end up having way more fun than our original plans. :)