Home Page

Friday, January 23, 2009

What's On My iPod

Lionel Richie - "Sail On" - I can't believe I found a video for this song... talk about a time warp, LOL. It's really all Martin's fault I have been listening to Lionel Richie for two weeks, but that's not such a bad thing. This is my absolute favorite LR song, and I was pretty surprised how many songs I liked when I checked out one of his greatest hits albums.

Jesse McCartney - "How Do You Sleep" - I can't help but heart this guy's music? He's not even 22, I feel so old. This is perfect bubble-gum pop. Everyone should have a place in their heart for bubble-gum pop (yes, even Britney Spears ::cough::).

Another Bad Creation "Iesha" - and here's a taste of bubble gum from 1990. Do you remember this song? I wonder what ever happened to the boy bands like this from the 90's.

Bryan Ferry - "Don't Stop the Dance" - I always smile when I hear Bryan Ferry or Roxy Music. It's schmoopy, sometimes sad... and I can't really categorize their genre. They've always been considered New Wave, but isn't it a little soul? Blues? Or just make it 80's?

Korn - "Clown" - Ok there's the obvious clown reference here (Clowns = scary). I had a dream about clowns last night after watching Saw, that clown-puppet thing was freaking me OUT the whole movie. I don't have much Korn, but you know, they're not bad. Some of it's too close to thrash-metal or death-metal, I only have so much tolerance for constant screaming. I have a four-year-old that can do that, already.

No comments: