Home Page

Saturday, January 03, 2009

What's In My iPod

Cher with Beavis and Butthead, "I Got You Babe" - I was talking about the Beavis and Butthead movie with coworker S. the other day, and we did not agree that this was a funny movie, which surprised me, cause he is a guy, afterall. I loved Beavis and Butthead on TV, and the movie was pretty funny. I'd only bought the soundtrack for one song (Aerosmith's "Deuces are Wild"), but this one is amusing. :)

The Eagles - "One of These Nights" - The Eagles are easily one of the greatest rock bands of all time, and this song is definitely in my top five favorite from this band. I remember driving across the country during the summer, hearing this song coming from the 8-Track player in the front seat, I think I was about 6 years old. I'd definitely go see them again if/when they came to Vegas!

Fleetwood Mac - "Dreams" - Well you can't mention the words "greatest rock band" without mentioning Fleetwood Mac. I've never seen them live but really should before too long. Hell, they have so much drama, I think they may have broken up again. I caught a live show on cable a few days ago, they really are rock and roll royalty for a reason.

Hall and Oates - "Method of Modern Love" - I have mentioned it before, but I didn't appreciate Hall and Oates until I was in my late 20's (I always thought of it as soft rock when I was a teenager, and soft rock was a rare thing for me, indeed).

Michael Jackson - "Remember the Time" - I have to admit that since Michael Jackson became a freak show, I can't listen to him nearly as much anymore. This is one of only a handful of songs I still really enjoy. This is an extended version of the video, if you've never seen it.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I am going to see the Eagles here in Tampa later this month. It will be my 2nd time to see them in concert - great show!