Home Page

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Update

My niece Breana stayed with us for some of the weekend, and I was so glad when she arrived, because Madison talked about it constantly for a whole week. We took the girls for lunch and I gave them a choice to go bowling or roller skating, they agreed on bowling. They have these strange ramp things to help the kids bowl and the girls used it - I thought it was kinda cheating (I mean, I learned to bowl without props) but it did move the games along a bit better. We did two games but one would have been enough - the girls got bored by frame 3 of the second game. If only I could bowl in real life like I do on the Wii!! My average Wii bowling score is about 190, but my average at the alley was only 130. Not to mention the tight glutes I had on my right side this morning, LOL... that doesn't happen with the video game! The picture below was myself with the girls at the bowling alley, it was all I could do to get them to sit still for this.


Today was a chill afternoon at home after Breana left, Madison was pretty mellow since they did some serious Robo-playing all morning. Tomorrow I have an extra day off for the holiday, Maddy and I are going on another hike. We're going to take a much longer trail this time (2 miles, she's only ever done 1). I love that she enjoys the hiking, it's precious Mommy and Maddy time. Pictures to follow!

How was your weekend, Internet?

4 comments:

jiggins said...

Lately, at least for the last few weeks, my weekend has been split into 2 days. Sunday and Wednesday.. while i am not happy with that particular arrangement.. i deal with it. Sunday is my day to decompress and do the things I like to do & Monday is usually the day that the chores and bills get done and paid - which is now switched to Wednesday.

I keep telling myself I am just happy to have a job! :) I did, however, get a chance to go see The Conservatory at the Bellagio - i posted on it at con·tin·u·um and some more of the pics @ re·[frac]·tion. I think you already visited. It was cool. I had gone last week to check it out, but it wasn't complete yet. Back to work tomorrow. See you on the next post!

Nik said...

Dig the self-pic, very cute. Bowling's only fun in small doses. I don't know how anybody can do that for more than a game or two. Happy hiking!

JoeinVegas said...

perhaps you can do more real bowling - work those glutes.

LoraLoo said...

Jiggins: Sorry about those split days off, I imagine that isn't such a good deal. I do understand about the happy to have a job part, however!

Nik: Adults bowling requires beer. The more beer, the more games you do. LOL!

Joe: No kidding, apparently what I'm doing already doesn't quite use whatever muscle that was!