Home Page

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What's In My Head

I'm going back to Tonopah tomorrow! Ooooooo, lucky me, right?! Well, I'm always up for a road trip, so even though this one includes work, I'm gonna make the best of it and take you all along with me via pictures.

I'm totally caught up on The Office!! I am a little disappointed I'm all done watching episodes, and now I'll have to wait to see what happens just like everyone else. I've grown quite fond of the bunch in Scranton, so I'll just have to make the exception and DVR one more program (the other one is HIMYM of course). I dunno, that one whole hour of television viewing every week is really a bit much, ya know? I'd like to take a moment to thank the technology Gods for DVR. Both programs are on while I'm doing the nightly Madison routine or during my workout time after she goes to bed, and yet they're still instantly available when I'm ready to watch them. Such a beautiful, beautiful thing!

Madison is learning to read. My baby is learning to read! I just can't believe it. One of her favorite games right now is a letter game where one of us says a letter and we name off all the nouns we can think of that start with that letter. We do a lot in the car - it's amazing how much quality time you can have during a daily commute.

Speaking of reading, I bought Jane Austen's novel "Emma" about three weeks ago and haven't even cracked the cover yet. Now that I've consumed all I can about The Office, maybe I'll have more time to read. I used to be such a bookworm, and I miss it. I just need to make the time.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

skyblot said...

Watching shows in a personal hard-drive/TiVo marathon is vastly superior to waiting between episodes. This is the era of convenience, and I welcome our fast-food delivering road slaves.

Cupcake Blonde said...

HIMYM is awesome! I have the first two seasons on DVD if you wish to borrow!