Home Page

Monday, September 08, 2008

What's In My Head

It's RAINING! I have so missed you, precipitation...

I was home early today and I caught the VMA's from last night. I found Russell Brand to be a pretty funny and refreshing host. I'm really glad Britney didn't sing and was cool with keeping it light with Jonas Hill in the beginning. I was disappointed that Christina Aguilera lip synced, cause her voice is awesome... so why? What felt really good is that I'm not too old to understand why the Jonas Brothers make little girls crazy.

Why exactly is Paris Hilton famous again? Sigh. Oh and Perez Hilton. What a waste of fresh air.

I found my Halloween costume today! No, I'm not telling what it is.

Madison and I came home a bit ago to a brown substance oozing from the pantry. Doesn't look good eh? A soda on the bottom shelf of the pantry had strangely developed a hole and leaked all.over.the.bottom. I just pulled everything out of the bottom of the pantry, cleaned all that and mopped the entire kitchen. Not really what I had planned for Monday evening.

I'm already tired of the presidential election, and it's not even mid-September. I know there's a process here, but I'm not understanding why it drags on for so long. A couple of months of intense campaigning, mud slinging and fund raising is all we really need. I think we've all made up our minds already, those of us really intending to vote.

I watched P.S. I Love You last week (and cried and cried and CRIED)... so I picked up the soundtrack over the weekend, and it's really good. Yeah, it's sappy. But guys, seriously. Put it in your library, cause your girl will love it. I just gave you insider information, ok?

Madison and I were pulling into the garage tonight and Madison asked how old I am. When I replied that I'm 37, she said "Whooooaaa dude." Not with a sweet tone either. More like the you're-older-than-dirt-how-are-you-still-breathing tone. I remember when 30 was ancient to me, but damn, whatever!

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

I have an idea...why don't you give us some hints and let us guess what your costume is ?????

New White Keds said...

I know! I know.. neener neener neener ... LOL

Whoa Dude, we ARE older than dirt!

Brown ooze... ewww, gross!

Nik said...

We got a whole summer's worth of rain in one day last week. I think we ended up with lie 4 inches of rain in one day. We needed it though. Glad to see you got some too.

I think it's cool that you still dress up for Halloween. Why did most adults stop doing this? It's so fun. Can't wait to see what you're gonna be though.

Ditto on the pres. election madness. I can't imagine there's anything either one could say anymore that's gonna get voters to sway.

P.S. I Love You became my fave movie when I saw it. It's got a great blend of tears and funny. The soundtrack is beyond awesome too. The Pogues and James Blunt are two faves, so it was cool having them on ther, but I also dig Last Train Home (I think it's called) and Kisses and Cake (the instrumental). There are some other really good ones, but I can't think of them right now.

Sorry about you being so old, too. Isn't if funny how your preception of old changes as you age?