Home Page

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Update

On Saturday I ran more errands than I want to remember, but I got it all done in one day, and still had time for fun. Until my car broke down. I have no idea what's wrong with it, something about injectors or whatever. I don't even pay attention, that's what the in-home mechanic is for! Karl already took it and left it at work and brought me home a loaner car.

This morning Madison and I went to the park, and we spent our first fifteen minutes picking up trash. It really astounds me how much trash people just leave all over the place; drink bottles, fast food wrappers, cigarette butts and so on and so on. I know people don't do this at home, I don't know why they think the city has a maid service. Besides, this park caters to children young enough to pick up anything and put it in their mouths. Yuck, people! We counted seven empty trash cans within a 30 foot radius... so I am seriously disgusted.

After the park it was a pretty mellow day - the sky was really cloudy and it was much cooler, so we all got kinda lazy and unmotivated.

The weekend doesn't end for Madison and I - she has round two of the dentist tomorrow so I'm taking the whole day off so we can have fun. Well, besides the dentist. We're making a trip to the library and maybe the Shark Reef or something, that part will depend on how cooperative she is at the dentist.

Tell me about your weekend?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you spent 15 minutes picking up trash - that's so kind of you! I know it's crazy how people just chuck things on the floor. What are you doing about your car? If you want to get rid of it, I can recommend a great place called http://www.junkacar.com... Anyway best of luck at the dentist LOL :)

Alissa said...

How great to have your own personal mechanic!

Good luck at the dentist!

Fred said...

Hope the dentist went well.

My weekend was pretty standard. It started off with the hot tub on Friday. I ferried D3 a few places, picked up D2 from the airport, went to church, hung out with The Missus, and did miscellaneous yardwork.

Oh, and of course I blogged.

Martin said...

It still does shock me how people will not walk a few feet to throw their trash away. Especially in a park. I'm wondering if we need to bring back Woodsy The Owl. "Give A Hoot, Don't Polute."

I do admit that sometimes aiming my trash for the bin misses (about half the time.) I do go fix it as a form of punishment but I wonder how many are ashamed they missed and won't go clean up the mistake.

I still need to check out Shark Reef.