Home Page

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Smart, But Stubborn

Madison and I started doing this about 4 days ago... and she is enjoying it so much. It starts with the basics (she already knows her letters), but we're going through the whole process, because there's so much to do. It has PC games and workbook activities, as well as flashcards and a poster you can record progress with. Every night after we finish the activities we get stickers and mark the squares she finished; I can tell she's really into it.

During the day she hasn't had the best week so far, they've moved her into the next classroom and she's been resisting change in a big way. Today was the first day she realized that resistance was futile and decided to start enjoying herself. I think what sold her was that she didn't have to take a nap if she didn't want to, as long as she played quietly. I sure wish I got a naptime every day...

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

I think this is great! Good for you. It takes a lot of patience but it worth it.