Home Page

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Weekend Update

It's been one awesome long weekend for me. I took the day off on Friday to hang out with Maddy, and I think we were home for about an hour the whole day! We started out at Gilcrease Orchard where we picked some zucchini and apricots... I can't believe I've lived here so long and that was my first trip there. Honestly I thought it had been bought by developers but noticed the trees were still green while passing by recently. Madison loved searching for things ripe enough to pick - I was just wishing there was more ready to harvest, as the pears looked really near ready, and those are one of Maddy's favorites. We'll be going back soon - and if you live here and haven't been there, check it out (the website has directions). We went to Target from there to spend birthday money, and in the afternoon we spent time with my friend Kim and her son Nicky at The Artful Potter. The kids had a blast painting things they picked out! Kim is Madison's Godmother and she refers to her as her Fairy Godmother, which just makes me giggle every time she says it. I also did some painting and loved it - you don't have to be crafty to make beautiful things, and I'm all about that! Here's one picture, but there's more, as usual, at Flickr.

The one very UN-fun thing we had to do was see Maddy's doctor for her 4-year-old checkup. She got 4 shots, poor thing. But it was the end of a really great day and besides the screaming while she was actually getting the shots, she was a trooper. Hey, I'd scream if I was getting four shots at one time, too.

Saturday we cleaned house around here, which was pretty much the whole day... then unwound at Amy and Ken's house for dinner and swimming. We got to see Teri and her adorable youngest son as well as her parents, and Madison spent some time as Ken's shadow when she wasn't in the pool (she totally adores him). Amy cooked up an awesome dinner, as usual!

After such a busy couple of days, I really wasn't going to do anything today. I didn't want a plan or a schedule, just chill vibes the whole day. But of course I'm lost without a plan! Maddy had been asking to go to the movies, and of course there's that kung-fu panda movie but it opened THIS weekend, and the idea of seeing any movie on opening weekend is a major turn-off. So I found that "Horton Hears a Who" was still playing at one theater in town, so Maddy and I went. There was one other dad and his two girls in the whole theater, so it was like watching the movie on our own giant tv, and that's my kind of movie experience! It was a really good movie, the animation was very nicely done and it was entertaining. We made it over to a children's bookstore from there and brought home a book about bunny pirates, I'll let you know how that strange combination turns out. :)

Oh! and I got a new CD rack, it holds 1260 CDs (I currently have a bit over 500 sitting in it). So now that I've got them all organized, I'm starting the import process to iTunes. I can't wait to see how big my music folder is when I'm done! I realized as I started importing I'm going to have to wade through all those music tags, again, and remove duplicates it doesn't catch because of the whole Fixtunes fiasco. Not looking forward to that part.

I hope you all had a really awesome weekend. I'm pretty wiped, and hoping for a good night's sleep...

3 comments:

New White Keds said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! The BBQ was fun -- not B&B fun, but fun nonetheless.

Oh! I LOVE the dress Maddy is wearing in the picture. Wherever did she get such an adorable dress ;-) (I kill myself).

Anyway, sound slike fun was had, and that is what it is all about.

JoeinVegas said...

It does sound like a full weekend.

Martin said...

I'm impressed with the storage cabinet. B) I'm going to have to wait for a bigger house with a room just for that (maybe a wall of discs...) That importing of all the songs is a pain in the butt.