Home Page

Friday, May 30, 2008

What's On My iPod

The Cure - "A Letter to Elise" - This is an Mtv Unplugged version of one of my favorite Cure songs...

Usher/Alicia Keys - "My Boo" - Awesome, awesome, awesome song. 'Nuf said.

Bon Jovi - "(You Want To) Make a Memory" - Yeah, I had a crush on Jon Bon Jovi when I was 15. Man he looks even better now than he did then! I bought this album when it was released last summer and I'm still not tired of it.

The Specials - "Ghost Town" - A little vintage ska to start your weekend. I think this was their biggest US hit but they had quite a few good tunes.

Oingo Boingo - "Just Another Day" - This is another band I tend to overlook until I catch one of their songs on the iPod. Danny Elfman is such a versatile musician.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Some classic songs here. Took me until my adulthood to understand "Ghost Town" but I was always haunted by the music. Love the toy piano on "Letter To Elise" and it amazes me how much the band changed musically after the Wish album. Songs like "Just Another Day" make me really wish that the multi-talented Elfman would squeeze a little time in for working with the band again. Bon Jovi's move towards country is the best transition that I've seen an 80s artist make. I really should listen to more of the album.