Home Page

Friday, April 25, 2008

What's On My iPod

ABC - "Be Near Me" - Definitely a good 80's staple song. I was cracking UP watching this video - 80's fashion had some really, really bad moments, as evidenced here.

Yaz - "Nobody's Diary" - Perhaps when this song was released they were Yazoo, I am not sure the time line. Alison Moyet has one of the most incredible female vocals I've ever heard; her voice is so distinct and she's definitely someone who doesn't need studio magic to sound good.

Velvet Revolver - "Dirty Little Thing" - Velvet Revolver seriously rocked with Scott Weiland, I'm hoping when (and if) they find a new lead singer, he can fill those shoes, cause they're damn big if you ask me. Scott Weiland has his issues, sure... but talent like that can't be ignored.

Van Halen - "Love Walks In" - Okay I'm a bit disappointed I missed Van Halen's shows not once but twice this year (they just came back a few days ago after a two-day stint a few months ago). I'm a huge Van Halen fan - so that's just jacked up! At least I've seen them 3 times before, but still... Anyway, this is a concert video... I've posted on the whole Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth question before, and although both singers are fantastic, I still prefer Sammy Hagar.

Snoop Dogg - "Who Am I (What's My Name?)" - This is the stuff I like to listen to when I'm in a good mood. It's old-school, playful, funky! Ya just can't go wrong with a little Dogg...

1 comment:

BeckEye said...

"Love Walks In" is one of my fave Van Halen songs. I don't care if it's Sammy or Dave or Milton Berle, that's a good song.

I also love me some ABC.