Home Page

Saturday, March 22, 2008

There's Nothing Like the Great Outdoors

Have you seen the moon tonight? It's absolutely luminous in our clear Vegas sky tonight. So go take it in for a minute. Seriously... go! I'll wait right here.

...
...
...
...

Welcome back. :) So I decided that it's finally warm enough outside at night to walk in the neighborhood again. I'd been using the treadmill in the garage since it got too cold to be outside, and it was a good workout, perhaps a little safer, and I was enjoying all the movies I'd been catching up on. However, I feel this sense of freedom taking a walk outside with only my iPod shuffle and my thoughts to keep me company. I was enjoying those familiar smells as I walked - no, not the exhaust, heh. They were scents like the smoky barbecue down the street, the clean smell of laundry softener at the end of the block, and the smell of horses from the ranch near my turnaround point - somewhere over a mile from the house. It's so awesome to be outdoors!!

I've already finished playing Easter bunny, Madison has all kinds of goodies waiting for her when she wakes up tomorrow. I'm going to work on finishing my book, Love in the Time of Cholera, as I only have about 50 pages left and I can't wait to find out how it ends. So I'll leave you with a picture from earlier today when Toni brought the kids over to color Easter eggs. As usual, there's more at Flickr. Happy Easter!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But what about the spiders? Did you miss them too? ;)