Home Page

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jury Duty

I got the news today - I'll be showing up for jury duty tomorrow morning. U.S. District Court, even... when I mentioned this to my Dad, his first response to me was "Oh God, you could be serving for months on a jury in that court." Oh geez, that made me feel better. LOL

There are several reasons why I might make an attractive juror, but one big one I wouldn't: my attention span. I'm terrible even in the shortest of meetings. Coworker S. will literally time me to see how long before I tune out and start doodling (I think the record is something like 12 minutes). Once it's gone - it's really gone. I can't sit bored for long periods of time before my mind starts to wander and daydream. Or I start mentally pacing like a caged animal. Either way, the details are lost on me. So this will be interesting. A Rockstar will be out of the question, that will only amplify the problem.

I was whining about it earlier (I know, me whine? No way), and someone gave me the advice to try to take something positive from this experience, to make the best of it. So that's what I'm going to try to do. Thankfully the OJ Simpson case has been postponed, so at least I won't be serving on that jury! See, already seeing the silver lining. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, maybe you'll get a neet murder trial and be stuck there for weeks, or one of those bribe the councelmen things that takes months.

Martin said...

I can only hope it's something entertaining. hahaha But then again there are so many weird and sick cases out there... You'll do well, unless you tell them that you are very much for the death penalty (and say that "I don't think they go through with it often enough.") Which should see you sent home pretty early.

Nik said...

I like an80snuts' suggestion, that would surely get you out of jury duty.
I hope that if you get stuck being on the jury that it's at least an interesting case and that it's quick and painless for you. I think I'd be a horrible jury member too. I have a poor attention span too. Good luck to ya.

Bar L. said...

I was on a drug deal case once and I actually enjoyed it. I know - what a geek I am.

You WOULD make an attractive juror sine you're one hot chick! :)