Home Page

Monday, January 21, 2008

Bonus Day Off

The day off: total success. My toes are a pretty pink and my nails don't look like I pick at the cuticles. I was able to get some errands done and still manage to enjoy myself. I did some window shopping today, too. Window shopping is good - it's healthy to just look sometimes. However, it's like Medieval torture. It's much more fun to just get what I want. :)

On the way home, I gave Madison a sugar free piece of cinnamon gum. It was her first taste of the cinnamon flavored variety. After about five minutes of chewing the gum:

"So, Madison... do you like the cinnamon gum?"

"Yes, I like it. But... But my brain. It makes my brain feel hot."

Oh... and I don't think anyone has noticed, I have a music video playlist at the bottom of the page. I made it rather simplistic and I'll get around to tweak it a bit, but browse and enjoy - the playlist is made from some that I've been linking to in the "What's In My iPod" posts.

5 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

OOO - instead of a summer brain freeze with ice cream you can have a winter brain heat wave.

skyblot said...

Brain heat is the first sign of burgeoning telekinesis. Side effects may include migraines, insomnia, and skintight costumes.

Nik said...

So wait, there are actually people who go "shopping" and don't buy anything? ;) I don't know how you do it.

I've heard of that whole brain feeling hot thing before. Didn't Stephen King write a book about something like that? haha Just kidding. I do have to say that I'm impressed by her description of her gum experience though. That's too funny.

Off to check out your video playlist now. I didn't notice at all and probably wouldn't have if you hadn't mentioned it.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Hee hee, brain burn. That is great! Leave it to Maddy to pinpoint exactly the correct feeling. :)

I love days off like that. And I have the same problem with window shopping. It is torture and I usually can not resist.

Ken said...

Sounds like you had a great day off. Madison is too precious. That is classic!