Home Page

Friday, September 07, 2007

What's On My iPod

Everclear - "Brown Eyed Girl" - I like their take on Van Morrison's classic. And, well, I'm a brown-eyed girl, and it is all about me. The video is pretty funny.

Smashing Pumpkins - "That's The Way (My Love Is)" - This is my favorite song on their new album "Zeitgeist".

Luscious Jackson - "Ladyfingers" - A band that never got nearly enough airtime, and sadly they broke up in 2000. Although I read on Wikipedia they're planning on recording a children's album?

LL Cool J - "Doin' It" - Gotta love LL.

The Jam - "Absolute Beginners" - I hear this song a lot on the iPod but it's been many years since I saw this video. I almost miss the mod trends in fashion. :)

5 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

OMG "Doin' It!" I used to love that song and played it over and over until my mother banned it in our house because she said it sounded "dirty." Ha!

Anonymous said...

The Everclear video is amusing, although the end through me for a loop. The lyrics don't go with that ending.

BeckEye said...

I freakin' LOVE L.L....he certainly picked the right initials for his name. He's hot. I've heard a lot of people say that he's fat now, but I still think he's hot. Remember that Unplugged where he was rapping with the full band, shirtless and sweaty? Ohhhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh.....when MTV was good!

Anonymous said...

Both Gabby Glaser and Jill Cunniff have solo albums out now... Sounds like Gabby is carrying on the Luscious Jackson sound...

Martin said...

Amazing the phases that Paul Weller has gone through. I find myself more of a Style Council-era fan than one of his time in the Jam. It might be the difference in production and all but still a great band. I love a few songs on the first Everclear album but the cover here is pretty good. Gotta lover Luscious Jackson. Very underrated group. Like me some LL but tend to fall back on the Walking With The Panther album.