Home Page

Friday, July 06, 2007

What's On My IPod

I've got mostly an 80's theme from my walk tonight - here ya go. Click the song title to see the video on YouTube.

INXS - Don't Change - I cannot believe how young they are in this video!

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime - This video cracks me up to this day. "Same as it ever was..." This is definitely my favorite song by this band.

Rick Springfield - State of the Heart - In the early 80's, I had a Rick Springfield poster on my wall, right next to Scott Baio. :) The video sound isn't the best quality, but still enjoyable. It's from his performance at Live Aid in 85.

Snoop Dogg - Gin and Juice - NSFW - this is the uncensored version.

The Untouchables - Free Yourself - I was lucky enough to see these guys live back in 85 or 86 at a local club (an under 21 club at the time - The Troubadour). This is Ska in its purest form.

Hope you all had nearly as wonderful a Friday as I did - enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved 'Don't Change', it didn't hurt that Jon Farriss looked very cute in the video either. *rawr*

Once in a Lifetime: I am still compelled to do the arm chopping motion when hearing this song.

Bar L. said...

I love Michael Hutchence....so sad.
Good tunes Missy :)

BeckEye said...

God, Jon Farriss. One of my longest-running crushes! And I miss Michael, too, just like Barbara.

"State of the Heart" was never one of my favorite Rick tunes, but he had a lot of other good ones to make up for that. He was another of my long-running crushes, but he's looking a bit, uh, skeletal these days.

Martin said...

Of those in the list, I'm shocked "Gin & Juice" is up there. hahaha I'm most impressed with the Untouchables and that you got to see them. Good stuff. "Don't Change" is a true classic. As for Rick... I've always liked the "Human Touch" video.