Home Page

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Productive Weekend

It's been a busy busy weekend! Let's see...

We took Madison to her first gymnastics class yesterday. I really like their toddler program, they keep them very busy with many different things for 45 minutes so there's no time for boredom. What's best is parents participate, so it's something cool for Madison and I to do together every Saturday morning. She had great fun and ran off a lot of energy.

I hired a lawn maintenance company yesterday. I was tired of fighting the weeds, and we're tired/lazy/out of time to keep up the landscaping. I also had two daisy bushes die on me because I trimmed them improperly. So Karl and I are going to have someone else to do it until we sell the house. It can't hurt to have the yard looking great ALL the time in order to sell the house on better terms.

Speaking of selling the house, we looked at a new development nearby this morning that might be worth seriously looking into. We were there before the models opened, but liked what we saw online and what we saw just from the outside - AND the price looks reasonable. I told Karl this is his project, so he has more research to do.

I'm finally sitting down in my freshly cleaned house, and my Dad is now on his way over for some computer assistance. I'm never really sure what I'm in for when he brings his laptop over. He's going to be having a good time with Madison while I'm working on it, so it's worth it.

I hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

Bar L. said...

Glad to hear you are having a good weekend! It feels good to get stuff done. I bet your dad and Madison had a blast. I think it was a smart idea to hire the landscaper!!! You guys both work full time so if you don't LOVE yardwork, you shoulnd't have to do it yourself (IMO)

Take care!

Ethel said...

Does sound like a busy weekend! Gymnastics sounds like a blast. :)

New White Keds said...

Thrilled that Gymnastics was as good as you were hoping. It is a great thing for the two of you to do. VERY cool!

You will have to let me know how it goes with the landscaper -- we are going to be looking for one soon. There are some things that I KNOW I do not do -- weeds is one of them.

Hope Dad amd Madison had fun.

Sounds like a great weekend all in all -- good for you!

Teri said...

Glad you had a great weekend! We cannot keep up with the weeds either. I really think our state flower needs to change from the sagebrush to the dandelion.

LoraLoo said...

Barbara: Thank you, I was feeling a little guilty about the lawn maintenance. I was raised by two do-it-yourselfers, but I'm finding I didn't pick that up so much. LOL

Ethel: It almost went by too quickly.

Amy: Over-protective Daddy even liked the gymnastics class. Now that's a plus. I will let you know about the landscaper. They start this Wednesday.

jj: I hear such fabulous things about karate for kids.

Teri: No lie about the dandelions. We've got those in the front yard. The backyard weed-blocker has started to break down, so it's this ocean of weeds back there now (it's all rock). I'm starting to see the benefits of grass with maintaining the xeriscape. It's not as easy as I thought.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Sheesh, the daycare my li'l smooth operator goes to has gymnastics also. Yeah, it's called fighting over what Disney movie to put into the VCR. I hate that Daycare. We're taking her outta there and putting her into a nice place with lots of activity soon.

Ken said...

Glad to hear you had a good weekend. I bet Madison is having a blast at gymnastics. After living in a townhouse, I'm not looking forward to yardwork...

LoraLoo said...

Jas: They put them in front of a TV a lot or? Our daycare is pretty good; my only problem is that these daycare places don't pay well so the turnover is horrific. Seems kind of difficult to stay on top of kids and their personalities if you're always changing caregivers. This gymnastics class on weekends outside of daycare will be great, it will soon be too hot to play outside for long.

Ken: I saw a picture of your front yard today! How exciting! However, I can tell you that you aren't going to like weeding that. My landscaper mentioned they use a preventative method with pellets that go all over the lawn, then they soak it down with water to get it to dissolve into the ground. They do it so often during the year, it helps keep the weeds to a minimum. If you do plan on doing it yourself, look into that at Home Depot or something (hopefully they sell it to average consumers?). We just may do that in the next house.