Home Page

Friday, July 08, 2005

Bad Days and the Good ol' Days

Boy am I glad the week is over. I'm really overwhelmed in the office, and I woke up at 3:00 a.m. obsessing on it. Should have been a sign of the day to come. I'm not sure why I get so bent when my schedule doesn't go as planned... it will all still be there when I get back to work on Monday. I hate unfinished business, and I do a customer service job, afterall; I feel horrible when someone's system isn't working properly and I can't get to it right away. I opted to have a Dell contracted technician come out to do some warranty repairs on a server; I figured it might help to have a service we paid for take care of things so I could handle other projects. BAD IDEA. He put a bad replacement part in - didn't test it and told me he did, then bailed. So users were down for two hours and will have to be down for a little while again while I do the repair over. Ugh. All of this hassle has really backed up other things I need to take care of. That'll teach me. We actually PAY for this type of service? See, I'm still obsessing. At least I did take the time to file a complaint on this guy. What an ass-clown.

On a much lighter note, tomorrow is my dear friend Kim's birthday. We're both fairly new parents so we can't celebrate like we used to (Jack Daniels was our best friend for the night, only to be blinded and/or seared by the sun when we finally got a ride home the next morning) but I'm thankful we're still around to harrass each other about getting older. I'm good with not having those 2 day hangovers, too. :)

2 comments:

Teri said...

I feel your pain, I stress about a lot of things that I do not have control over. I know it, but I still lose a lot of sleep over it. Sometimes I try to focus on the important things in my life, like my family to help keep me sane.. Just think of Madison and that should put a smile to your face.

Martin said...

Let's hope that Dell compensates your company somehow. I've always told people new to computers to pick up a Dell for their support. But, it's getting harder to do that as the technical prowess of their staff has been far from mediocre. But for newbies, it does help having someone to call. I've been thinking about sending people to a local shop for now on just so they can walk the crap over there and ask them all their troubleshooting questions.

I had a chance to drink quite a bit tonight but went home instead. I guess I really am starting to feel the effects of alcohol enough that I'm willing to avoid it if I work the next day.