Home Page

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Gas Crunch of the New Millenium

Almost as long as I've been driving, I've been driving a truck. I bought my first one in 1992, and since then, I've had 5 others. Every truck I bought had a bigger engine, stood higher off the ground, and made more noise. Girls who drive trucks are cool. I swore when I became a Mother I'd not give in and drive a (cack) minivan. I'd be driving a truck until they pried my dead hands from the steering wheel!

So why am I now considering an SUV? And a small one to boot... I've been looking at that Hyundai Tucson, and I really like it. Gas prices are outrageous - and I don't see it going down anytime soon. I drive around during my work day - and with my truck I was spending around $300 per month on gasoline. $300?!!!!? There's the payment for my new Tucson, right? I hate to give it up... my Dodge Ram... but times they are changing, and hey, I'm still not driving a damn minivan!

No comments: