Home Page

Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm Double-Fisting PDA's

It's no secret I don't care for Blackberry phones. They're a bit awkward to use for me - the qwerty keyboards suck (the keys are just too close together and I find the font on the keys difficult to read). They also come with this awful proprietary OS - you can't make the choice for the Windows OS, they force their Blackberry crap down your throats.

I'm due for a phone upgrade for my personal phone in the next month or so, and all of these phone companies are pushing these Blackberries in a big way - but I've had my eye on the new Palm Pre. Palm hasn't been doing all that great financially and it seems they're banking everything on this new phone, which concerns me a bit. But I have a Palm Treo 700wx currently, and it's been a pretty good phone to me, my only real complaints are the camera and the media player - the camera takes horrible pictures and the media player has been buggy since day one, so I hardly use it for any web surfing whatsoever. So I've been looking around and this new Palm Pre has some pretty sweet features, but I need to go actually handle one and see if it holds up to the hype.

We did get new phones for work yesterday in the mail... apparently Karma is getting even with me for something I've done, because here's what I received and will probably be forced to use for the next 5 years:


Argh. I'm being punished for something. I just know it. :)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

jiggins said...

Well, Verizon is said to have the best coverage.. so that is good if you have that. Blackberry is well-known for being a good set of hones. You know i have the Android OS.. and I dig it..especially after 2 updates. Looking forward to some Blackberry pics and whatnot.. once you have one, I think you will be happy with it!

LoraLoo said...

The Blackberry 8830 has NO camera... Can you believe that?! LOL

jiggins said...

doh!
haha.. i just read the title of your post. lol.. i was so distracted by the picture of the shiny gadget that i missed it totally!

Christina said...

I would never use most of the features on a phone like that. i use my phone for making calls and taking pictures. and maybe the occasional text message. those blackberries are too complex for me!