Home Page

Monday, June 22, 2009

But When?

My daughter is obsessed with losing her first tooth. Nearly every day I get a full report of all family and friends who have lost teeth, and more teeth, before her.

"But Mommy, when am I gonna lose a tooth? Breana lost another one. I think I feel this one is loose. Really, look, see!?"

"Your teeth will fall out when they're ready. Don't worry... you WILL lose your baby teeth."

"But when Mommy? When?!"
I can't even wrap my head around why - she isn't talking about the tooth fairy or the money that tooth fairy leaves behind. I think she just wants to look cool with a hole where her tooth used to be.

I remember when I put together I was getting paid for losing teeth. I couldn't wait to lose more... and when I was about 8 years old, I had 7 teeth pulled at once. My parents felt so bad, I think I made 50 dollars. I had too many teeth for my jaw to fit, so they pulled teeth in hopes I would avoid braces. Actually, it was an awesome thing they did, because it worked - I never needed braces.

4 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

What age do they normally come out? I don't remember any more. (getting old)

Cupcake Blonde said...

I think it is between 6 and 7, right? But some kids start later. I can't remember how old I was when I lost my last one, maybe 10 or 11?

LoraLoo said...

I'm noticing the kids I see the most are starting to lose them somewhere around age 5. I think that's why Madison thinks they're just supposed to start popping out now!

Christina said...

I think teeth start coming out around age 5 or 6 (?)

She'll lose them soon!