Home Page

Friday, November 21, 2008

What's On My iPod

UB40 - "(I Can't Help) Falling In Love With You" - When I think of UB40, I think of their most overplayed song, "Red Red Wine". Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but this one is sweeter!

Queen - "You're My Best Friend" - I heard this yesterday on my Tonopah trip, as well as the UB40 song. This is my favorite Queen song! This was the theme coming from the iPod yesterday, apparently it was feeling pretty schmoopy.

Jamie Scott - "Made" - This song is from the Step Up soundtrack, and although I haven't seen the movie, the soundtrack is pretty damn good. It's not an official video, but give the song a listen, it's catchy.

Rick Springfield - "Jessie's Girl" - I heard this earlier in the week and I think I hit repeat like 3 times, I heart this song! Two things I remember vividly about it- I remember seeing it on some K-Tel album (OMG, remember K-Tel?) awhile after it was released and I begged and pleaded with my parents to buy it. I'm pretty sure they were incredibly tired of hearing that song coming from my bedroom within like two weeks. Secondly, my first boyfriend's name was Jesse - and that wasn't but a few years after this song was released (which was 1981). His friends liked to tease me with the chorus.

The Cure - "Untitled" - I have a real affection for Robert Smith's songwriting. I'm very attracted to the brooding sadness of this somewhat of a love song - I see it as about unfinished business and regrets. This is an excellent quality live video of the band performing it in Berlin.

Guess I inadvertently had mostly an 80's theme this week! Hope your weekend is off to a great start!!

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

It takes a confident woman to admit to liking "Jessie's Girl". I commend you. (I like it too actually - what's not to like, and Rick is still a hunk!)

Randy said...

Jessie's Girl...HAHAHA I heart that song too. Although for some odd reason, when I hear it now I think of the movie Boogie Nights when Dirk Diggler and his friends were at that weird guys house getting ready to rob him and her was singing Jessie's Girl...LMAO how weird is that?

Ya know....my kids call 80's music "the oldies" I tell my son...the oldies are like the 50s and 60s...he goes...the 60s were 20 years before your time, Dad...the 80s are 20 years before my time.......Smart ass!!! LMAO!!