Home Page

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Update

Friday night during my workout I finished Season 4 of The Office. Imagine my horror when I realized I couldn't get episodes 1 and 2 of Season 5 (the current season). I can't skip them, right? I need to know what happens after all that went down in Season 4's season finale. Do I wait it out or do I just read synopses and catch up, then go back and watch them when released on DVD? I can't believe I'm this hooked?!

Saturday was a pretty busy day. We spent a greater part of the day with family and then went to see Madagascar 2. I had high expectations because I really enjoy the first one, but sadly I was disappointed. It had some great moments - those penguins kill me every time, but the storyline was weak, and overall not as funny.

By Saturday afternoon I knew I'd come down with a little head cold. So Saturday night I curled up in my chair and watched Napoleon Dynamite. I have heard often that this is one of those movies you either love or hate. It's definitely a different kind of humor, and although it wasn't lost on me, I spent so much of the first 30 minutes just trying to figure that out. Maybe it's just that I wasn't feeling good and wanted the more immediate comedy fix. It actually took me awhile to figure out this movie was actually set in the 80's and the characters weren't just some sort of social anomalies. I do like the way it ended, I'll give it that. :)

Today was a pretty lazy day since I am not feeling good. We did indoor activities today, but did get outside to pick flowers and paint on the patio. I took a pretty good nap today too, hopefully I'll still be able to get to sleep tonight. I hate that about aging... before I was 30 I had absolutely no problem sleeping as much as humanly possible. Now it messes up my sleep cycle. Sigh.

How was your weekend, Internet?


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

This seasons episodes aren't on iTunes? Or do they not keep the current episodes up? That would suck if you have to wait. But don't cheat and read synopsises. You'll regret it if you do!

I did not like Napolean Dynamite. Don't know why people think it is hysterical.

LoraLoo said...

OMG, VP, I'm going to go look at iTunes right now. I think you just absolutely made my day... wait, I'll go look now...YES! I'm so buying you a drink. Since I boycotted iTunes awhile back I never think about the store. Yay!!

Angi said...

you know you can watch all of this seasons Office for free on Hulu.com I watch them there nearly weekly as my DVT is too full on Thursdays to record it.

I love Napoleon! Watch it again when your feeling better. It will grow on you. It's a cult classic. Vote for Pedro!

LoraLoo said...

Angi: Yeah, Hulu has them but rotates them. Right now I think they have Episode 3 to now, and after this week's they'll get rid of Episode 3. They might bring back older episodes later on, but ya never know when. NBC is doing the same thing. Ah well, I paid for the season pass and I'll just get them all to watch whenever!

jiggins said...

I don't do iTunes either, but at least you found a solution to that problem. I have used it for movies and television episodes for my ipod, but I do NOT go to them for music :) We've discussed that - you and I.

My weekend - I took off to Texas to see a very special friend for a few days. Down to Dallas.. quick break from the Vegas scene that is life here sometimes. I slept alot, ate well and relaxed.. so I was very calm and grateful to have had the time off.

I hope that head cold gets better.. being ill is never fun.

LoraLoo said...

Jiggins: A trip to TX, nice place to get away to! I have a lot of family all over TX. Glad to hear you had a calm, relaxing little break. Thank you for the well wishes... Still feeling blech but I've certainly felt much worse. :)