Home Page

Friday, July 11, 2008

What's On My iPod

No rain here in the desert... yet! It is muggy out and I see lightning in the distance, so there's still hope. On my walk tonight it felt like Texas outside - not Houston, cause that's a suffocating kind of humid to me - but more like north Texas, where you still see dirt!

Why was I here? Oh yeah. It's music video night. :)

Natalie Imbruglia - "Torn" - This is a special treat - this is Natalie's song, and she's singing it, as you'll see. However, it's Johan Lippowitz doing a mime version, and it's freakin' hilarious.

Insane Clown Posse - "Boogie Woogie Wu" - If you asked me why I ever purchased an ICP CD, I don't know that I could answer you. These guys are seriously frightening if you have no idea. This song is soooo NSFW, and un-kid friendly! But, instead of showing a video full of scary clowns, I found a fan video set to scenes from "The Nightmare Before Christmas", a much better viewing choice!

Pretenders - "Brass in Pocket" - Chrissy Hynde kicks serious ass - I've seen The Pretenders live, it was 1997, and her voice was still just as amazing as it was when she recorded it in the late 1970's. This is one of my favorites, and if you listen to the lyrics - at some points they seem like such jibberish you have to wonder where they came from.

2Pac - "California Love" - Considering the number of artists in this video and on this track, I never really understood why it's credited only to 2Pac. I love this song... preferrably really loud.

My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult - "Sex on Wheels" - This song is featured in the movie "Cool World" - I didn't remember that until I came across this version of the video (there are two, I believe).

No comments: