Home Page

Friday, June 06, 2008

Music Mixes to Get Yer Groove On

I've been listening a bit to a station on Sirius called "Boombox" (I believe it's channel 34), and sometimes they play these crazy mix tracks where DJ's take some of the most unlikely bedfellows and put them together for a mix. Of course I haven't been able to just head to a major digital download site and get them, but Coworker S. introduced me to something called "Best of Bootie" (don't let the name fool ya, it's not what you think). It's some of these very DJ mixes for your listening pleasure. There's three volumes, Best of Bootie 2005, Best of Bootie 2006 and Best of Bootie 2007. I've been listening to them for a few days, and some of them really flow, and make perfect sense. For example, on the 2006 album, Track 7 has She Wants Revenge vs. Joy Division vs. Bauhaus. If you know these bands, it's a perfect triangle. But there are some crazy ones that when you read the bands you can't imagine it, until you listen. One such track is Track 8 on the 2007 album, which mixes Yazoo and Cassie. They get stranger with bands like The Rolling Stones, Queen and Nirvana all in one! So, instead of videos this Friday, I'm sharing this. At each of the above websites you can download full albums via a zip file. So download, listen with an open mind, and enjoy! I'm noticing they're very good workout mixes...

No comments: