Home Page

Friday, April 18, 2008

What's On My iPod

The Clash, "Police and Thieves" - This is a concert video from 1977, when punk was alive and well and I was still listening to Olivia Newton-John. I didn't discover punk until about 1984 when UNLV's radio station, KUNV, played it Saturday nights from midnight until 4 am.

Sick Puppies, "All the Same"
- I am going to have to add this song to my all-time favorite ten songs, because more than a year later I never get tired of listening to it. The video is amazing.

Rubber Rodeo, "Anywhere with You"
- this song appeared in my playlist without warning, I hadn't heard it in ages.

New Order, "Temptation"
- This is a strange love song, but a love song indeed. New Order has so much really good stuff that gets ignored, and although this isn't my favorite New Order song, it's awesome nonetheless.

Relient K, "Must Have Done Something Right"
- this is a fun, sweet song. Sure wish I heard these guys on Sirius more often.

2 comments:

Bar L. said...

ya got some good tunes playing today :)

I am going to email you with a network question out of total desperation. I hate to bother you but after paying for Netgear to help me, and spending an hour on the damn phone with them my problem has returned.

Maybe I'll just post my problem on my blog. I am so frustrated :(

Martin said...

I haven't heard "Anywhere With You" in awhile (despite having it and "Souvenir" on the iPod.) Great song.

New Order is very underrated. They have some beautiful songs and avoiding using the word 'love' in the titles of the songs.

I really like the clean production of "All The Same." The video reminds me of the theme behind one of my favorite songs, Information Society's "Repetition." Going to have to keep my eye on this one.