Home Page

Friday, March 07, 2008

What's On My iPod

Angels and Airwaves - Do It For Me Now - Tom DeLonge's voice kicks ass, and although I was never a super-huge Blink-182 fan, they got it right with this band.

Beck - Timebomb - Beck is a musical genius... 'nuf said. This unofficial video, is a little, uh, weird. I'd expect nothing less for Beck.

Depeche Mode - World in My Eyes - Do you know I'm old enough to remember when these guys only got airplay on college radio? Sigh. Of course I was only in junior high. But still! This is one of my favorites.

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover - Since I mentioned it in yesterday's post I felt like hearing it. Nah, not a total glutton for punishment in sad songs. It really is beautiful.

Melissa Etheridge - I Want to Come Over - I was surprised to find Gwenyth Paltrow in this video, she's fabulous. This is one of those songs I think we can all relate to, we've all been here...

1 comment:

Martin said...

Being a huge Depeche Mode fan, I can come clean and say that "World In My Eyes" is not one of my favorite songs. I don't know what it is. I do know a lot of women that specifically like that one (which I attribute to the sultry vocal delivery.) I always felt that "Halo" should have been released as a single instead. I don't hate the song, though. (The B-sides to it rocked... "Sea Of Sin" and "Happiest Girl".)

My only memories of Tom DeLonge is an early concert from Blink 182 at the Edgefest. The hits sounded good, the others sounded alright but I specifically remember their attention-getter. They held a contest while on stage during their performance and asked the ladies to throw their bras on stage (in search of the biggest one.) I think that made me miss performing right then. hahaha