Home Page

Thursday, January 03, 2008

What's Your Fitness Age?

I decided to take the Wii Fitness Test tonight. Oh, did I mention we finally got a Wii???!! If you've never taken it, and you have a Wii, do it. It takes you through a series of tests using the Wii Sports games (the CD bundled with the console). You do a little bowling, tennis, and baseball, and it calculates your fitness age. My age? 39 on the first try.

I also purchased the Mario and Sonic Olymic Games, and wow, that is a very physical, tough game. If you get a chance, try the rowing or the 100m race (but don't say I didn't warn you, your arms will hurt). They'll hurt like you just did 50 curls holding 25 pounds in each arm kind of hurt. My favorite Olympic event so far is the trampoline. You have to jump while coordinating wand button pushing in different sequences to do tricks. I actually got the silver medal! Some of the events are frustrating, i.e. fencing. It's very difficult to master the moves - I kept getting my ass kicked.


5 comments:

Martin said...

I played with Lloyd and Teri's Wii last week (Santa really loved giving those out this year.) The boxing was a blast and very physical. I can see how a fitness test will push you. I think Santa has us scheduled for next year. (I really want to try the test now hahaha.)

skyblot said...

A couple of parts of the fitness test are just way too exacting. Or at least, that's my story. I'll decline to proffer the results I got the first time I took it.

New White Keds said...

You make me sick -- 39! My test, granted it was my first time on teh device or that game, was 71! Man, I suck!!!!

Bar L. said...

this is the first time I am actually happy that I don't have a Wii (I'd probably not like the result)

Cupcake Blonde said...

Told you you would love the Wii! I have to get the Olympic game, I saw it in the store and it looked fun. Plus if it gives you a good workout, I could use it.