Home Page

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Think I Might Have Nightmares

I was pondering the beauty of Netflix earlier today when I read Nik's latest post about a movie she saw over the weekend named P.S. I Love You. The movie isn't even out on video yet, but I could add it to my movie queue... coming right to my mailbox when it's available. It's the little things, ya know?

Speaking of movies, I started watching Very Bad Things tonight.

If you've never seen the movie, you might notice from the above photo that there is nothing sweet or sappy about it. I was warned this was one of those really effed up movies - that just when you think the mind-bending is over - it's not. But I'm thinking "How bad could it be?" Yeah. Disturbing. And I'm only a third of the way through it... I'm probably going to need at least four really sappy movies after this just to flush the scarring.

9 comments:

Martin said...

Very bad things is a very dark film. I was really shocked that my sister recommended we (our family) see it when it came out. Definitely not what she expected. But not a bad movie.

K-Mac said...

I really liked Very Bad Things. Yes, it's a dark comedy (in the darkest of senses). There were a few highly disturbing scenes (most notably, what was going on behind that door in that photo you posted).

I'm not sure which came first, but there's another movie out there called Stag Party. It's sort of a B-movie version of Very Bad Things. It stars Andrew McCarthy, Ben Gazzara, Kevin Dillon, Mario Van Peebles and a few other randoms.

Very Bad Things was a better movie, I must say.

K-Mac said...

I need to amend my last statement. The name of the movie I'm talking about is Stag, not Stag Party.

skyblot said...

Disturbing is good... very good. Although it kind of looks like Eastern European manlove from the picture.

Angi said...

OMG that movie is so old. I can't beleive you haven't seen it. It is hilariously funny and dark. Wait till the ending, if you think it's jerking you around now, wait to see how effed up the end is!

Bar L. said...

I am going to add "PS" to my Netflix too :)

BeckEye said...

I could never watch that all the way through. It annoyed me. It had Cameron Diaz in it, right? That was probably the majority of the problem.

I just joined Netflix recently and I'm loving it. I watched "Superbad" and "Knocked Up" back to back and my sides still hurt from laughing. I have a bunch of naked Ewan McGregor movies and obscure Jeremy Sisto flicks in my queue.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I had a hard time watching that movie the first time too. But it gets easier if you wtach it again. Sometimes I am in the mood for that dark comedy, sometimes now. I suggest going to see Enchanted after watching Very Bad Things. That will certainly lift your spirits.

Nik said...

Hmm, I've never heard of this movie. I think I may have to check it out just to see the madness you're all talking about.