Home Page

Monday, September 03, 2007

Weekend Update

The landscaper came by to look at my dead daisy bushes - and all I needed was more water. Apparently they're okay for the desert but not ideal for the desert. I would have felt pretty stupid had he not found broken sprinkler heads in the front as well. So now I need to find four replacement plants - something ideal for the desert, small in stature and low maintenance. Any ideas?

Madison and I did some power shopping late yesterday, spending money is just so much fun!

I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest last night. It was pretty good, but it would have been better had my eyes wanted to stay open during the last 45 minutes. It also might have helped had I remembered more of the plot from the first one. There were a couple of parts where I'm sure there was a giant "?" over my head, trying to remember.

Have you seen ESPN's "Is it Monday yet?" football ads for Monday Night Football? They crack me up - and I've been searching online for them. I can't believe no one has posted them??

The family came over today for Labor Day - I actually watched them all eat chocolate pie for dessert. I was nearly drooling. They all noted my willpower as they sat there enjoying it, heh. It's my fault - I was the one who brought that damn thing in the house. Here's a picture of Maddy and her Papa, and there's more at the Flickr page.





Back to work tomorrow! Hope you all enjoyed a wonderful long weekend.

3 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

Feathery acacia - nice soft leaves, pretty yellow flowers, low water requirements.

Nik said...

I have yet to see the Monday commercials, but I've heard of them and they sound pretty funny. I should watch more tv.

That picture of Maddy and Papa is adorable. I just love seeing grandparents playing with their wee ones.

Cupcake Blonde said...

I want to see those commercials. When anything funny can come out of football I am interested. :)