Home Page

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Training - Day 3 and Reconnections

The most important thing I can tell you about training today? It's OVER. heh

Thanks to all of you who sent the get-out-early wishes, cause they worked! I was out of there at Noon, had lunch with the boss and some coworkers until 1:30 - briefly showed my face at the office and bailed. For the rest of the day! Boooyahh!

So what have I been doing all afternoon? I'm glad you asked. I reconnected with one of my best friends this afternoon, Donnie. Donnie and I have known each other since we were 15 years old. When we met, I went out on a couple dates with one of his friends, and he with one of mine. Neither worked out, but we became fast friends and started one hell of a journey. Over the last 21 years he has been my big brother, my best friend, my confidante (yes, he has all the dirt on me, but I know all his dirt too, lol). Most of my crazy young adult stories involve him - as Donnie definitely knows how to party like a rock star. He threatened my boyfriends and always looked out for me, and is such a HUGE part of my past and who I am today. In the last 8 years we lost touch somewhat, as we were finally growing up and moving forward with adult life. But he's always been extremely important and whenever we talked I made sure he remembered that. I hadn't talked to him in a really long time, so I finally tracked him down and we got a chance to catch up this afternoon. I was sad to find out he doesn't live in Vegas anymore, but I know we'll be keeping in touch a lot more often.

After my little catch-up call, I picked Maddy up early - so now we're unwinding and I'll get to the normal evening routine shortly. I've been teetering on this ledge for the last few days and didn't even realize it until today. Thankfully I finally stepped back from said ledge today - and I'm looking forward to a most excellent Thursday. :)

1 comment:

Nik said...

Now that's my kind of day right there. Just getting out of that class early was good enough, but top that off by hanging out and reconnecting with an old friend, it doesn't get much better. As long as you keep in touch, that's all that matters. I'm trying to find an old friend of mine, but I'm not having any luck with it.

I hope these last few days have been better for you and I wish you a relaxing, peaceful weekend.