Home Page

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday Fluff

Madison's got this new thing where she likes to tell me stories about her day. She will say something like "Today, at school, Danny was throwing rocks and I told him that wasn't nice and he chased me inside and Anna was really nice and played post office with me and we had meatloaf for lunch and Mommy you're so pretty!" Now read it again and think to yourself, "This one time, at band camp...". You get the idea. Cracks me up every time.

A good friend of mine who knows how much I love music gave me an ITunes gift card. For no real reason, just to be nice. How cool is that?! I can't wait to start downloading. Amy, who is one of my dearest friends, will tell you I have real issues with accepting gifts. I'm getting better at it though, aren't I? I think she was near telling me I needed therapy at one point... heh

7 comments:

BeckEye said...

I always tease my niece because she used to start every other sentence with "one time..."

Bar L. said...

Good for you for accepting a gift, I know its not easy for some of us.

Maddy sounds so cute...I remember those conversations :)

Martin said...

Therapy for the gift thing or...? B) I can understand that internal battle. It ranks up there with needing to pay some if not all of the dinner bill when going out.

It is funny to see how Maddy is summarizing her day like that (with the appropriate compliment at the end of course.) You now have to be worried about when she doesn't want to tell you how her day went. hahaha

Anonymous said...

I see she has embraced the power of "and". :)
I get such a kick out of little kids telling stories like that, they don't even stop for a breath it all comes rolling out their mouths all at once.

Nik said...

Conversations with wee people are the best! Gotta love the end of that one too. How cute.


Congrats on attempting to battle your gift demon. I'm not fond of people giving me gifts, but I adjusted to it. Especially when my sis put it in perspective for me. She said "ya know how excited you get and how you feel when you get a gift for any of us, well we want to be able to feel that way by giving something back to you for everything you've done for us. Kinda forced me to be more accepting of gifts. That's such an awesome gift too, so thoughtful. I gotta figure out how to get the iPod I was given fixed, so I can have some fun with it.

LoraLoo said...

Beckeye: Isn't it funny how kids talk? I mean, we never did that, like totally, right?

Barbara: I bet you do remember those conversations! I'll also bet you still get them from that handsome nephew of yours, too.

Marten: I'm sure I could use therapy for all kinds of things...lol And thank you for the compliment! :)

Molie: I am often looking at her expecting her face to go blue at any second, how can she possibly be breathing?

Nik: That is a good way to look at gift giving, because I too get all excited when I give something to someone else. What happened to your IPod? Have you tried the apple.com site? They do have a pretty good troubleshooting section.

Cupcake Blonde said...

Aww, that was so nice. I love gifts "just because."