Home Page

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Second Year Has Already Gone By...



Here is a picture of Madison in her birthday dress - which she promptly had full of sand in about 10 minutes after this picture was taken. The kids had a good time and we got them all loaded with cake and ice cream (is there anything else for a birthday?)! Madison also learned the word "cake" in about 30 seconds flat - for some reason she really struggles with the "k" sound; it usually sounds very French and in the throat, but this one word she was able to master without incident. Yup, definitely my kid!

It was back to work for me today; I was exhausted after the birthday party. Apparently I've come a long way - there was a running joke at the birthday party because I wasn't chasing kids around with cleaning products. Of course as soon as everyone left I was vacuuming the house, but to my credit - there are still unopened birthday presents on the loveseat! And I'm not even taking medications, people! This IS progress.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

12 comments:

Bar L. said...

Look at those eyelashes! She looks so happy. I can't sleep so I just looked at your entire Flicker album and watched Madison "grow up" before my eyes. My fave pic was of her and Dallas in the tub - classic!!!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

What a beautiful 2 year old you have. Isn't it amazing how quickly they grow up. I hope she scored some wonderful gifts for her birthday ... they are the most fun, along with the cake and ice-cream. Hope you have now recovered. Have a great week, take care, Meow

New White Keds said...

I have one word for you, well, ok, two words for you... HEART BREAKER!

Fred said...

She looks wonderful, Lora. So glad you got the pre-sand look. Now, what have been fun would be to also see the post-sand look. They can sure get messy!

Welcome back to work.

Anonymous said...

Alyssa is going to be 9 on Friday. Man oh man I just popped that puppy out and now she is 9!! Madison is freakin gorgeous! Good job!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Oh, Goddess she's adorable! Good thing you took the pic before the cake and ice cream!

Ethel said...

She's beautiful!

LoraLoo said...

Barbara: The picture with she and Dallas in the tub is my favorite too. :)

Meow: She did score for her birthday. I can't believe some of the cool things they have for kids now.

Amy: I know, Karl's already got the scare speech going for her dates later in life.

JJ: Thank you!!

Fred: I should have gotten an after-sand picture. She had sand in every nook and cranny!

Cyndi: 9? Time sure flies, doesn't it!

Jas: Thank you - I was sure I had a cake/ice cream picture but I don't!

Ethel: Thanks!!

Nik said...

She is too darn cute, you are gonna have so much trouble when she gets older. lol Quite a beautiful little girl you've got. Sounds like she had a great birthday, but what's this about unopened presents?

Congrats on the baby steps, too! It's fun to beat neuroses, isn't it? Even if it is just a small step. hehehe

Martin said...

Damn... 2 really came quickly. It's pretty amazing watching them equate a word with an item... especially when it is one they smile when they receive it. And yes, she is going to break hearts. B)

Undercover Angel said...

Madison is beautiful! I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

Teri said...

I know this is a little late.. but happy birthday Madison! The last time I saw her in person, she was an infant. Wow time does fly.