Home Page

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Weekend Update

Madison started her new gymnastics class yesterday. She had a really great time, except for one toddler's big brother who thought it was funny to scare the hell out of my little girl. He kept coming at her and growling. His mother wasn't paying attention to him at all, so we just steered clear of wherever he was. I was so tempted to scare the hell out of him myself, but I remembered I'm an adult and that wasn't a responsible thing to do. Damn being a grownup sometimes.

Karl starts a new job this week. I've been through this several times, but I still get uneasy. Instead of being miserable somewhere, when Karl gets fed up, he moves on. It took me a long time to understand that; I've been working for the same place for almost 16 years (although I've changed jobs several times within the agency). I'm used to it now; he always has a new job before quitting the old one and all his benefits are under my job so there's no lapse in health insurance or whatever. He's moving to a dealership close to the house, so we'll actually be able to have dinner as a family every night now.

We have pretty much resolved the antivirus issue at work - it's been a tedious but easy fix. I'm sure we haven't seen all the computers with the problem, but at least each file server is working well and will catch any issues at that level, so we're not looking at a possible virus meltdown.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

9 comments:

Ken said...

Congratulations to Karl on his new job! It's good that he'll be working close to the house, as well. Sorry someone tried to scare Madison and glad the anti-virus issues are done.

Ethel said...

Nice work acting like a grownup with the kid at gymnastics. I'm not sure I could have done that. ;)

Hope you had a great weekend, too!

Bar L. said...

Sounds like fun for Madison in spite of the bratty boy. I would have been so tempted to do the same thing! Grrrr!!!

Karl sound like a smart guy that knows what he likes (he married you right?). Its great that he will be closer to home for dinner :)

Martin said...

When you were describing Madison getting scared by the big kid, all I could think about was shooting a rubberband at him. Not exactly a sign of maturity on my part.

Good to see that he found something closer. What's dinner at home like? hahaha

Meow (aka Connie) said...

I don't know how you could have remained so adult, as that kid was upsetting yours ... I think I would have said something !!
Hope all goes well for Karl in his new job.
Yay, that the computer probs are sorted ... aren't they a pain !
Have a great week.
Take care, Meow

Distant Timbers Echo said...

I hate watching my li'l smooth operator go through some of the parts in her life that are scary or watching playmates of hers that are mean. I hate watching her face those things because I remember facing them myself, even though I know that she will grow stronger for it. But it's just still hard to watch your little one try to get out there and face that fear.

New White Keds said...

Yay for Karl!
DOUBLE Yay for Madison -- just wait til she starts somersaulting!

Kudos to you for being a grown up in every sense of the word. Can;t wait to hear as the saga continues.

LoraLoo said...

Ken: Bonus for you since it's a dealership you can use AND close to your home. :)

Ethel: Thanks, hopefully I can still be a grownup if it happens again. :)

Barbara: Good point, he did marry ME afterall. LOL I'm already seeing the bonus to having him home earlier.

Martin: Too funny about the rubber band. Madison is so happy to see him at the dinner table at night.

Meow: I will have to be more direct if the scaring continues, you're absolutely right!

Jas: Watching your little one go through such scary things are very hard. You want to protect them from anything, but so much of it is just life, and they need to be able to handle it on their own. Too true.

Amy: Somersaulting! Oh my. She's still trying to figure out how to jump! (I really thought this was knowledge we were born with, turns out that's not true.) Whaddya know?

JJ: Wonder Woman has a 10-year-old? NO way! I did not know this. Riding lessons? I remember asking for those too, but never did take them. Good luck with that.

Nik said...

How could you not slap the bully kid? I can't stand when people let there kids run around and do stuff like that and pay them no mind.

Good luck in your new job Karl! Hope all goes well.

Glad the work issue is taken care of. I was frustrated just trying to use my computer. I can't imagine how trying it was for you having to deal with all that madness. Now breathe a sigh....lol