Home Page

Saturday, April 15, 2006

If I were rich, I'd be a spa junkie

Yesterday was one of the most fabulous experiences ever. See, I received this day at the spa gift from Karl and Madison last year for Mother's Day and I never got around to using it until just yesterday. What the hell was I waiting for? It was pure heaven. I arrived at Mandalay Bay Spa a very tired (also tired looking), stiff woman; I left there feeling revitalized and beautiful. I had never been to a spa before, so it felt a bit like some exclusive club I'd been invited to join with all the amenities they provide there. Anyone who feels stress should do this at least once. You deserve it. I made sure Karl knew how much I loved it, because I do plan on going back sometime!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You should try going to an out of town spa sometime and combine it with a mini-vacation, like up in Mesquite or even in Arizona you junkie you.

Bar L. said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I've never done that but would be a junkie right along with you!

Ken said...

Sounds like you enjoyed it and it was well-deserved. Everyone deserves to be pampered a little bit now and then. It can help really take away the stressors that build up.

Matt said...

It sounds awesome.

LoraLoo said...

Lloyd: Too true - I've heard great things about a couple of spa resorts in AZ.

Barbara: Hey you should try it sometime. A little trip to Vegas and a little pampering is never a bad thing.

Ken: Thank you. And yes, I see now why so many do it. It was true R&R.

JJ: Spa Diva's UNITE! LMAO

Matt: There is a men's spa area too - and like I told my single coworker, what a place to meet women! I did actually see a guy getting a manicure; while I have to smirk at that, I thought more power to him!

New White Keds said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
New White Keds said...

Congratulations! I was hoping there would be a posting about this. Thrilled to know you were able to be a human being in and of yourself, and were able to enjoy some perfectly devine YOU time!

Fred said...

Sounds like a great getaway. Can I come next time?

Cupcake Blonde said...

I love me my spa!! I got a free couple's spa once at Rampart and my husband and I spent ALL DAY there. They certainly know how to treat thri guests. I loved it so much my husband got me one for myself. You do leave feeling very relaxed, beautiful and important. Definately something I intend to keep as a tradition every year!

I must try out the one at Mandalay now. But the Rampart one is excellent!

Martin said...

I actually went to one once. I am with Lloyd on the Mesquite weekend/spa retreat. Someday I'll plan one, I'll just procrastinate a bit more first.