Home Page

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Lora, Meet Your Treadmill

I finally became reacquainted with exercise. I have always been good at taking the time to exercise, as I have struggled with my weight my whole life. When Madison was born, I lost my time management skills for awhile, and never could find the time to take a walk or get on the treadmill. Then I was just tired and/or lazy. I have 25 pounds of baby weight to get off me still, and I've come to what dieticians call a "plateau". Not that I've had no accomplishments... I quit smoking when I became pregnant, and thus became the Michelin woman carrying a spare on the inside! I've actually lost quite a bit of weight (60 pounds). But these last 25 are taunting me like a dozen donuts at a Weight Watchers meeting. Don't congratulate me on non-smoking, I'm back to 5 cigarettes a day. So little? You'd think I'd just quit. But hey, I was dumb enough to start again in the first place. I will get around to that. I do want to see Madison get married and have her own children. :)

I finally decided there were no more excuses, and that my whole psyche was feeling the effects of no exercise. So I started walking last week on my lunch hour, and got to know my treadmill again too. It feels GOOD! :)

On a side note, hope everyone had a Happy 4th, and that no one caught anything on fire. :)

3 comments:

Teri said...

Good for you! I want to join a gym, but I hate going by myself. I have a tredmill at home but it just sits and collects dust. I really need to get motivated. If you want to start walking (after the sun goes down), I am game, since we only live a few miles from each other.

Martin said...

I've been waiting for the new Athletic Club to open around the corner for the last 2 years and it's now looking like October. Once that opens, I see myself spending too much time over there but maybe I'll figure out a routine of doing it early in the morning or right after work.

LoraLoo said...

Teri - thanks! I'd really like to have a walking partner. My only problem is timing. When the sun goes down I'm exhausted (this is when I used to work out, thus the problem for awhile). Work is very flexible, so I go for a walk early in the morning on days that my schedule permits. Weekends I started exercising early too, as Karl is home to entertain the little one. I'm NOT a morning person, probably why I ignored my body for so long...

Martin: I was really looking forward to that AC to open too, but got impatient a year or so ago and bought a treadmill instead.