Home Page

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Random Thoughts

Is it just me, or does Tom Cruise need to shut up? If I see one more newscast where he's rambling about postpartum depression, psychiatry, or aliens... I'll never watch one of his movies again. Although I'm already considering that. We all have opinions; he's certainly entitled to his. His right to blather, my right to change the channel. Apparently he's stopped taking his meds - he sounds more manic every time he's on TV.

I'm attending a seminar on internet security for the next two days. Should be interesting. Okay, I'm probably going to be bored out of my mind, but let's hope for the best. Don't get me wrong, I love exploring new ideas and gaining knowledge. I'm just more hands on, trial and error vs. listening to lectures. The upside: it'll get me out of the office which is full of tension these days. It's being held at a major hotel on the strip. Besides the traffic issue, I enjoy going down there during the week. I'm going with my boss, who is actually a lot of fun...so it won't be so bad.

What's everyone doing for the 4th? I am not sure what we're doing, but it will involve little work and a lot of loafing. That narrows it down, right?

2 comments:

Martin said...

This is funny that you mention Tom Cruise because I've been thinking about why I go out of my way to avoid his movies. I still don't know why. I never saw Far And Away, Minority Report, Mission Impossible 1 or 2, Eyes Wide Shut, Collateral, Vanilla Sky, A Few Good Men, Days Of Thunder, The Last Samurai... and I think War Of The Worlds is going to make this list.

I've also been thinking that there is a guy that works with me that is also a Scientologist. When people don't come to the same rationalizations that he does, he absolutely freaks out. After watching the interviews and reading the transcripts, I feel Cruise's reactions mirror that of my friend. I do slightly agree with one thing with him on medication: we tend to medicate the symptom and not the cause. A simple thing like fever reducers affects the way our body naturally raises its temperature to fight viral infections and illnesses. I wonder why we do that? Yet, I don't condone telling someone to stop taking medication that has made them functional.

Teri said...

I have no desire to listen to Tom Cruise speak or listen to his view points about anything.. Ouch that sounds harsh huh?

This is the 1st Fourth of July that I do not have anything planned and I am loving it.