Home Page

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Some Peace of Mind

I think I found the perfect place for Madison. It's a large chain learning center that I toured on Monday. It is pretty expensive and kind of out of our way to and from work, but as I left each place I asked myself the question "Would I feel good about leaving my very young child here every day?" - and I could finally give a resounding Yes to this place. The place was big, roomy, and CLEAN - the teachers are trained and this center is accredited. They aren't highly rigid about each child, it seems they do understand they're individuals and actually encourage it. I liked that it was clean, highly structured, and they offer private preschool/kindergarten. I met one of the teachers who will be with Madison, and I liked her as well as the assistant director. Safety and security were strong there, I arrived at this place unannounced twice and they weren't taken off-guard at all. They're actually going to let us bring Madison in and spend some time before she starts going so she can meet everyone and feel a little better on her first day alone there. I could go on and on, I was pretty pleased. She won't start until the first week of September, as one child there will age out into another area of the center then, opening a space for her.

I'd prefer not to do this at all; but here we are and I think it's going to work out.

1 comment:

Martin said...

That's cool. Sounds like you saw a few dogs out there and found winner. It is always hard to give your child to anyone else for any time period but harder when you don't know them. Can't wait to hear how it goes.