Home Page

Monday, March 14, 2005

Maternal Instincts?

They don't tell you when you become a parent that your entire emotional makeup changes. We watched "Cold Case" last night, one of our favorite shows; it was about a little boy who gets kidnapped and all the horrible things that happen to him before he subsequently dies. All I could think about was something terrible happening to Madison. I even had a nightmare about it (never a good idea to be upset or scared by something on TV and then going to bed). No wonder I have gray hairs popping out all over my head.

On a lighter note, I'm at work today - working half day despite doctor's orders. There was a major software update Friday and I came in to manage the fallout. The bonus part - I'll get to pick up Madison early today and spend a great afternoon at home with her.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Wow, she is getting so big! I have to get over there someday to see her again (it is not like we live that far). I think she looks more like you in that picture. She has your eyes.

LoraLoo said...

She is growing exponentially it seems like every day. Everyone says she could be the mailman's child, she really has none of Karl's traits yet. I'd love for you to see her sometime!

Martin said...

She is getting huge! I can even see that "I'm going to knock a few things off the table" look in her eyes.