Home Page

Thursday, March 10, 2005

I Left My Mind in the Garden State

Sitting around the house with nothing to do... I finally caught up on some movies. One definitely worth mentioning was Garden State written by, starring and directed by Zach Braff. Although I really like his show Scrubs, it's never kept my full attention; but I remember the previews intrigued me. It was a great story about 20-something struggling actor Andrew Largeman, who finally awakens from a lithium-induced stupor when he returns home after 9 years for his mother's funeral. The movie is witty, quirky, and warm. I read a review that said Zach relied too heavily on the soundtrack in the movie to set the mood and get the audience's attention, and I disagree completely. As someone who pays close attention to the music I thought it was a breath of fresh air that the soundtrack felt like part of the movie. I know I may very well be one of the last few to see this movie; if you haven't... it's a must-see!

2 comments:

Martin said...

Looks like I'll have to put this on my To Do list along with Napoleon Dynamite.

LoraLoo said...

Ooooh! I forgot about that movie. If you see it before I do, let me know what you think.