Home Page

Friday, March 25, 2005

Ahhh.... Friday

It's been a particularly crappy week. I've been the only technician covering the agency this week (that's 550 users at 11 sites and me) - but being the Friday before Easter weekend, it has finally slowed down. I can breathe again!

Karl and I get some time off this weekend - his parents are going to keep her overnight tomorrow night so we can have a date night. We get one of these about every month and a half or so, and it's great. We drop Madison off around 4pm and pick her up around 10am the next morning. I totally enjoy the break - we can get out and do something fun together, and we get to sleep in (not like we ever really do that). We know to make the most of it; a lot of parents don't get free time like this, and we know we can definitely use a break. BUT - it's hard to be at home without her. It's too quiet in the house. I don't know what to do with myself if I have nothing to do (whereas I used to really enjoy vegetative time). Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to a little time to get out.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Amazing how not only your life changes but the way you live life, the things that make you comfortable and the little things that make you smile. All you have to worry about is her looking at the car keys with any other thought than "oooh, shiny."